Unless your air conditioner is brand new, the memories of the user manual are probably long gone. In fact, you probably didn’t spend a ton of time reading them either. This is common among homeowners, but it’s a disservice to your home if you don’t know how to work this system correctly.
Luckily, we’re not asking you to go fish out that manual and blow the dust off of it. We’ve compiled all the most relevant dos and don’ts of air conditioning below in this blog post. We’re not one of those HVAC companies who uses their customers solely to make money—we want to ensure that you’re comfortable in your home all for a great price. If you want a great HVAC contractor in West Columbia, TX, then make sure that you contact our team.
Tips to AC Efficiency
- Insulate, Insulate, Insulate: You could have the best air conditioning services in the world but it’s going to do you no good if all the cold air leaks out of your home. Make sure that your home is well insulated before you focus on any upgrades to your actual air conditioning unit.
- Stay on Top of Your Air Filter: Make sure that your air filter stays clean. Some models have an air conditioner that you can replace while others have filters that you simply need to clean. Either way, it’s important that you stay on top of this so that your system is always in good shape.
- Clean Debris from Outdoor Unit: When we focus on cleaning anything related to an air conditioning system, we’re normally thinking about cleaning the venting. Don’t forget to clean your outdoor unit though! Throughout the year things like dust, leaves, and other types of debris can gather on your outdoor unit and even become lodged inside of it. The best thing to do is trim back any foliage around the unit and make sure that it stays clean.
- Provide Some Shade: If your air conditioning unit is directly in the sun, it will actually make it a little bit harder for your system to cool your home. Sure, these systems are designed to work against problems like this, but if you can make your air conditioner’s job easier at all then you should!
- Increase the Temperature: When you’re away at work during the day, try raising the temperature of your home by a few degrees. It’s a good compromise because you’re not turning the system completely off and then coming back to a scorching hot home but you’re also saving money by running your air conditioner at a more efficient level.
- Mind Your Windows: We know you probably love natural light, but if your home is scorching hot, try closing a few blinds or windows during daylight peak hours. It will help your home stay a lot cooler without a struggle.
We know you want to get the most from your air conditioning system and we can help. Contact our team at Switzerland Air today to schedule an appointment.