Since you cannot see most of the ductwork in your home (it is disguised behind walls and floors to give a house an attractive, uncluttered appearance) you will often not see where it has sustained damage. In fact, you probably will have little idea of how it can become damaged. However, there are a number of ways that ducts can develop leaks and breaks that will lead to a steep drop in an HVAC system’s efficiency, as well as a drop in indoor air quality.
Switzerland Air offers repair, replacement, and sealing services for ductwork in Angleton, TX. If you experience a loss of airflow from your vents, detect odd smells coming from them, or notice a rise in your heating and cooling bills, you may have ductwork damage. We can take care of it for you with repairs that last.
The Ways That Ductwork Can Sustain Damage
- Poor initial installation: If you live in a home where the ductwork received low-quality installation, the ducts will begin to damage themselves from poor structure, unnecessary bends, and excess stress due to temperature changes. In the case of poor installation, you will probably needed experts to handle duct replacement.
- Corrosion: Metal ducts can sustain damage from corrosion, just like any type of metal if it is exposed to water moisture. High humidity and water damage can lead to corrosion inside ducts, and the metal weakening will eventually create holes that will ruin the ducts’ integrity. Professionals indoor air quality specialists will seal holes and replace severely corroded ducts.
- Construction damage: Careless remodeling work in a home can often lead to misaligned and broken ducts, as well as construction debris getting trapping inside them, which will lower your indoor air quality.
- Mold: Mold growth inside a ventilation system is a serious problem in a number of ways. One of them is that mold will start to damage ductwork, leading to air leaks.
- Age: Ductwork will begin to deteriorate over time, so if you live in an older house that hasn’t received care for its ventilation system in years, you may start to encounter issues from leaking and damaged ducts.
Call Us for Ductwork Services Today
Switzerland Air offers a wide range of services for ductwork in Angleton, TX and the surrounding areas. When you suspect you have troubles with with your home’s ventilation system, give our NATE-certified technicians a call to schedule an appointment. They will find out what is wrong with the ducts and supply the repairs, sealing, and replacements to fix the problem.